About Me

My photo
“It isn't enough for your heart to break because everybody's heart is broken now.” -Allen Ginsberg

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Things I'm excited about (in no particular order)

-The release of Death Proof on DVD this coming Tuesday (though not Planet Terror until October 16th, which is lame... especially considering that neither DVDs will be coming with all those amazing trailers)

-The Kite Runner on the big screen this fall

-Seeing The Shins in Albuquerque on October 10th

-Knocked Up releasing on DVD next Tuesday

-Season 6 of 24 on DVD in December, then season 7 starting in January

-The MLB Final Series

-Getting my first paycheck

-My spring internship with the BBC

-Autumn (not the same as fall in the east coast, but still my favorite season nonetheless)

-All the bigs summer movies of '08: The Dark Knight (mmmm, Bale...), I Am Legend (I love summertime Will Smith flicks!), Speed Racer (Emile Hirsh, Christina Ricci, Matthew Fox.... yes, please!), Iron Man (it looks so deliciously bad!), The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (hoping it's better than Disney's first Narnia attempt), Indiana Jones IV (it's going to be bad, no doubt, but I'll still be there to witness it first hand), Get Smart (Steve Carrell will do this part justice!), The Mummy 3 (which apparently will be without Rachel Weisz, who is being replaced by Maria Bello), The Valkyrie (am I actually becoming a Tom Cruise fan?) , and two new Judd Apatow flicks Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Pineapple Express... I can't believe I have to wait 8 months before it all begins!

-Returning to the east coast in the summer

-Iron & Wine's new album, The Shepard Dog

-PJ Harvey's new album, White Chalk

-And last, but not least, the release of Michael Chabon's new book Gentlemen of the Road: A Tale of Adventure.

I am aware of how geeky this post has made me appear. I'm OK with that. Also, feel free to remind me of things I may have forgot that I should, uh, jot down on the ol' calendar. :)


(I love lazy weekends.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do they ever plan on releasing Grindhouse as one set? This 2 DVD thing is lame!