About Me

My photo
“It isn't enough for your heart to break because everybody's heart is broken now.” -Allen Ginsberg

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Hey Jude, have you met lovely Rita?

I know I've been against this film from the moment I saw the trailer, but I've been listening to the Beatles all day (they've always been therapeutic for me)... and the last couple of weeks, I've been into 50s and 60s music and literature (more than usual, anyway)... and because of all this, I'm warming up to the idea of seeing that movie Across the Universe. Unfortunately for me, I'd have to go to L.A. or Texas to see it because it's not coming to New Mexico anytime soon. Sad, really. Maybe I'll go to San Diego for a weekend to see my dad -- as there are other issues I would like to discuss with him anyway -- and then drive up with him to L.A. for a day. I think it would be good for both of us. And he loves the Beatles even more than I do (which is really saying something) and I think he might really like this film. Or he'll really really hate it for the same reasons I didn't want to see it in the first place. Hard to tell. I really need to get all my Beatles albums shipped to me. I love The White Album and Beatles For Sale, but where's my Revolver, my Help!, my Rubber Soul... even my Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band! I hate that I never put "Lovely Rita" on my MP3 player! I want to hear that song so badly.

Mainly, though, I blame Yvonne for this. Her blog featuring one of my favorite Beatles songs, and then posting the actual lyrics. Why are all the great bands gone? Such a tragedy.

1 comment:

*~Yvonne~* said...

...and I am not even a big fan of The Beatles. I know, right.