About Me

My photo
“It isn't enough for your heart to break because everybody's heart is broken now.” -Allen Ginsberg

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Lately

So I've gotten to a point where I am getting burned out and I'm not sure what to do about it. I think the biggest issue is, while I have been in between apartments, I've been living with my brother in Woodbridge.... which is a good hour and 15 min commute to work & school. Which makes for very long, exhausting days. But even without that, the combination of school, work, and the internship is starting to pile up more everyday. I know I'll get through it -- I've done it before -- but I'm just so tired all the time. At least I have weekends off now (finally) and next weekend I'm moving into my new place (which is right down the street from both AU and the hospital) so things will be a lot lighter I hope. This research project I'm working on is also taking much of my time, but it's also been keeping me centered.

The only bummer is I never see my friends anymore. And I'm starting to realize that even when I move back to the city, I probably still won't because things are so hectic now. That's the price you have to pay, I guess... with this tumbling economy, I need this to get some sense of real job security. Also, this is what I love -- NPR has helped me to not only learn more about new broadcasting, but I've actually been out there, on site, doing it. AU has been amazing for me. However, it looks like I have to make sacrifices. I can't get everything.

I'm looking forward to the holidays and seeing my mom again. I miss her a lot more than I thought I would. She doesn't call me as much and I know that's a good thing, but I really miss her a lot.

Also, this past week, a friend has been going through a real tragedy and it's making me understand the importance of family.

Anyway, I need to get back to work. The clock is ticking and it never stops.

1 comment:

Meg said...

I find exercise helps me put everything in perspective.