About Me

My photo
“It isn't enough for your heart to break because everybody's heart is broken now.” -Allen Ginsberg

Sunday, October 21, 2007

So much has happened...

...Since my last post. I don't know where to start. I guess I'll just say... one of my first pick universities (American U.), which wait listed me just like NYU did, wants me to enroll. Which would mean picking up and moving yet again. And soon because I feel like if AU wants me I'd rather just withdraw and actually get SOME money back from U of NM instead of wasting an entire year of tuition. And I have only a couple of days to make this life-altering decision. The cons of moving back home would be:

*Giving up the peace and quiet that I've gotten used to
*Not getting to work with the Film Commission of Santa Fe
*Giving up this amazing house that's costing me very very little financially
*No more trips to Taos
*Won't be living close to my dad anymore (again)
*Washing away all the work I've put into my program so far
*The strong possibility that I'll have to give up that BBC internship

The pros would be:

*Being with my friends again, who I miss so much it hurts
*Joining one of the best Journalism and International studies programs in the nation
*Living with Rachel, who is pretty much one of my favorite people ever
*Guaranteed work with really good wages
*More things to do (with what little spare time I'll have)
*More career opportunities in my field
*Having a place to keep my puppy (if I return to the hospital, which I probably will, at first) so he doesn't have to be stuck alone in a crate all day and will have a whole staff of people loving on him constantly

So I have a lot to think about! Anyone want to give me some advise...?

No comments: