About Me

My photo
“It isn't enough for your heart to break because everybody's heart is broken now.” -Allen Ginsberg

Monday, July 7, 2008

I keep forgetting

...just how much I love Blackstar. Wow. I really don't understand why hip hop can't always be like this. Music should be *about* something, not just getting laid or getting rich -- which, honestly, is like 90% of rap music these days.

Even The Ramones were about something, even if it was social disruption. And Sex Pistols, yes, that's pretty angry stuff, but it wasn't anger for the sake of anger. And it certainly wasn't all, "Fuck bitches" this and " Busting caps" that. Ugh. How is that art?

Random, I know, but there you have it. My $0.02.

1 comment:

sarah said...

what are you talking about? music about getting laid and making cheddar--that's my favorite kind!

i love you. and you need to start blogging again. for real.