About Me

My photo
“It isn't enough for your heart to break because everybody's heart is broken now.” -Allen Ginsberg

Monday, June 2, 2008

How can it be....

....that some people are so amazing and some people are so terrible? Why do I find myself wondering about the lack of real balance in the Universe? Certain people just don't deserve to get shit on the way that they do. I have to believe that Karma exists or it's all too depressing to handle.

Every once in a while, when I think how sad it is that I haven't had a serious longterm relationship since Boston, I get a taste of how horrible relationships can be and how much heartache is involved... and then I feel relieved. I can't help but think that opening myself up the way that people do can only lead to me getting crushed and I want none of that. Give me the single life, Sir! I'm not impressed by misery.

1 comment:

Demetrius said...

We all have our own universe that can either be sustained and edified or distorted and destroyed. That is the balance of our lives, we have all been blessed with the opportunity to decide, adjust, commit, refrain and overcome. That is life, a constant struggle for balance, that is what we call understanding. We must accept the differences in others by either refraining from them or drawing near them for the sake of better understanding them. " It's alright to open up to others in a way that allows you to see them clearly. Benevolence and Humility are one, we must not separate the two.